Pages

8.10.2009

Journey to the Other Side...

I did it! Yes ladies and gentlemen...after 2 years I have finally conjured up enough courage to cross the brook! This past weekend the brook was lower than usual so, I seized the opportunity, braved the whitewater and across I went!...Not alone of course... I took P with me;) I mentioned I was feeling brave, but I was certainly not going at this alone! Seriously, if I were to go solo, who would fish me out if were to fall in? I needed some back up and after some coaxing P agreed to make the trip with me and off we went on another blog cabin adventure! First we were afraid to cross, fearful that we may fall in and get swept away by the current but, then valiantly, like 2 knights on a mission to storm a castle, we bull dozed through our fear and began our journey across the brook. We almost turned back once or twice, but we thought "how would we ever be taken seriously as blog cabin bloggers if we let this brook get the best of us?" So, thanks to the support of our devoted fans we persevered - after all, we need to keep you all informed of all blog cabin news and views no matter how dangerous it may be for us. This isn't the first time we have put ourselves in harms way for the good of the blog cabin and it certainly won't be the last! We needed to take new pictures for you all from a different angle and a new perspective so really, it wasn't a choice...we had to cross. we thought to ourselves - "selves...we can't let our readers down." And we didn't! We made it to the the other side with our little blog cabin camera and snapped up a storm for all to enjoy!
Even though I made it across with no issues... I repeat...I made it across with no issues;) It was a little tricky to maneuver and balance on the stone. There were some stones covered with a thick green moss, some that were all wet and real slippery and some that were a bit too shaky to step on. We did have 1 casualty which I will get to in a bit, but luckily for me, I was not involved...phew! close one J! :) The picture above is the back of the blog cabin. If you look real close you can see the top of our cinder block foundation peeking out just above the black silt fence we put up to abide by conservation law. Above the foundation you can see all the columns we added for support in order to dig out underneath the camp. Above the columns is the portion of our little blog cabin that we will be ripping off to add our new addition! DEMOLITION!! GRRRRR!

Back to our journey to the other side! Okay... where was I...oh yes...on the rocks! Like I said I made it across with no issues and I managed to stay dry which was a bonus! P on the other hand was not so lucky:( Now don't go getting all scared and worried - there is no need to send any cards or flowers - although, we appreciate the thought:) P was able to cross with no injuries as well; however, in the category of staying dry...she was not as lucky as I. Remember how I mentioned that some rocks were covered with moss, some were wet and real slippery and some were a bit too shaky to step upon?...Well, P found a real shaky one that sent her for a swim in our very own blog cabin brook! The picture to the right shows P on a fabulous contraption I thought of :) I called it "The Extender." There were a few areas on the brook where the rocks were too far apart to reach...so, I took one of the planks we used for the cement forms and used it bridge the gap between those rocks for us to cross. P clearly demonstrates this in the picture to the right. What you do not see in the picture to the right is 3 seconds after that wonderful pose, P looses her balance on that little rock next to the one "The Extender" is on and takes a short yet relaxing swim in the ice cold mountain water - Ahhh...refreshing! One good thing that came from her little dip in the brook was this beautiful picture below that she snapped just before our blog cabin camera died. Cause of death...water damage:( So, P's fall wasn't in vain - YAY! She took one for the team and produced some very beautiful photography for us as well. We thank you P for your commitment to this project :)
-J




1 comment:

  1. Break on through to the o-other side! Break on through! Break on through! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! YEAHHHH!!!

    Good girl! :^)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews